November 9, 2011
December 1, 2011 – Mobility International USA (MIUSA) is celebrating their 30th Anniversary with the 2011 International Day of Persons with Disabilities on December 1, 2011, beginning at 5:00 a.m. (U.S. Pacific Standard Time PST).
The event is a 24-hour virtual gathering open to the public, particularly:
- Passionate, disabled activists or disability rights ally.
- Persons with a disability who participated in an international exchange program.
- International exchange professional interested in outreach to the disability community.
- MIUSA international exchange program alumni from the past 30 years from all around the world.
- Member of staff of an international Disabled Peoples’ Organization (DPO) or other disability organization in any country around the world.
- Members or staff of an international Disabled Peoples’ Organization (CPO) or other disability organization in any country around the world.
- How to study abroad including funding opportunities
- Coming to the U.S. for school or professional work
- Expanding professional development and capacity building opportunities for people with disabilities and grassroots disability organizations in the U.S. and throughout the world
- How to network with international disability organizations
- Ways to become a citizen diplomat or encourage civic participation
- Disability inclusion topics specific to your region, country, and/or community.
To learn more, call (541)343-1284.